Hi all – I must apologise for the lack of work on the site over the last few months. Good intentions do not always mean actual progress I’m afraid. I’ve been held up from work on the site for all manner of reasons, but hopefully I can now get back to some more much needed updates and work. It doesn’t take much for things to change on the web and I already need to change pages I updated earlier in the year. The Digg buttons are going to be removed as it has now been sold off and I can’t see it becoming anything much. Also Facebook has changed a few button things, so they need to be updated also.
I have spent quite a bit of time mucking about with the main page trying to get it to work how I want it to. Not sure I have suceeded, but hopefully it will be OK. It’s the best I can get it at the moment, but may try some more fiddling with it in days to come. If you were on the front page at all in the last couple of hours I apologise for the constant changes and confusion that seemed to be there – just couldn’t get it right lol.
There are some useful things to come I thing, with quite a few structural changes to the site also. Some things will go, being redundant and no longer relevant. Other things will be added and much more improved. Parts of the site offline for far too long will come back online sooner rather than later I hope.
They are the intentions and plans anyhow. Bit by bit it will happen.
I have just returned to website work after an extended break of about 6 months. During those six months it was necessary to change hosting companies and only the front page of the site was working (unless pages were hosted elsewhere – other than the main host). To cut a long story short I will be attempting to get the remainder of the site back up as soon as I possibly can. Sorry for the outage.
With various hardware upgrades over the last few months (due to ‘dying’ hardware) I am now able to get back to work on updating, maintaining and growing the website. I am very thankful for being able to do so once again. There should be regular work on the site now – Lord willing.
Tonight I have been able to add some further updates to the Thomas Crosby book on the English Baptists. This includes adding a further 6 pages to the text now available online at:
A fair amount of content has been scrapped from the School of Theology, but this will be returned over the next few weeks in the format of the studies already available there. The way the theology section of the site is now set up will allow for far easier updates into the future.
2. The Particular and Reformed Baptist Fellowship Network section of the site has now been overhauled, though there is still more work to be done on this section of the site. I expect more improvements to part of the site in coming weeks.
3. The Random Thoughts Blog has been given a major overhaul (though it was easily accomplished). I believe the site is far more aesthetically pleasing and gives the visitor a much easier and enjoyable reading experience.
Work is continuing to progress well on the site revamp, with more work having been done on several of the pages, including the home page of particularbaptist.com, Kevin’s Portal, the Particular Baptist Library wiki and the confessional standards of the site (the standards are now completed).
I have also begun work on the Bible Studies section of the site, with the Romans Bible Studies revamp now being completed. So if you would like to have a look, please do, at:
I have been doing a little bit more work on ‘Kevin’s Portal,’ which is the place that you can go to to see what I’m doing on the World Wide Web. There have been a few minor changes there and these include the following:
1. Scribd: I have embedded my Romans Bible Study series on the portal page as an introduction to my presence at Scribd, the online publishing site. I think Scribd is a wonderful site for publishing content on the wider web and have decided that I will use the site more in upcoming weeks, months and years. I love the embedding capability provided by Scribd. It is a very presentable method of posting things like Bible Studies, books, etc.
2. I mention at the portal that I’m now on Skype. I tried to join Skype some years ago but for some reason I couldn’t get it to work on the computer I then had. It works brilliantly on the new computer, so I now have that up and running.
3. There are some changes coming to my kevinswilderness.com site, which is listed in the directory at my portal. It is moving to http://kevinswilderness.wordpress.com/, though this is not yet mentioned on the portal itself. I’ll have this up today sometime. The reason for this has been explained in posts at the new site. The move will take some time to complete as it is a large site.
4. Pip.io Chat Room: I have now added a link to a Pip.io chat room on the portal. Feel free to pop over and have a look. I believe you need to request admittance to the chat room before you are able to do so. Please make mention of the reason why you would like to enter the room, as I do want to protect it from abuse and spammers. http://pip.io/#room/kevchat/
I have been doing a little bit more work on ‘Kevin’s Portal’ and now feel quite satisfied with it for the time being. As I mentioned yesterday, this page is simply a portal to the sites that I have spread over the World Wide Web and includes Blogs, social networking sites, websites, etc. I think I have just about all the sites with a public profile now represented – with perhaps the exception of one or two that I may have missed. I’m sure more will be added along the way.
Work has now begun on redesigning and upgrading the confessional standards of particularbaptist.com – but I should point out that the standards themselves are not being changed in anyway. I am working on the pages, not the standards. Phew, we are still Particular Baptist – yes!
At this stage I have only completed the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith page, with the others to follow shortly. It has taken a little longer than expected as a couple of the designs didn’t appeal to me and I had to start over. I am satisfied with the 1689 page now and don’t think I’ll be changing it greatly in the near future.
View the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith at: