I have been working on a few updates – nothing too major as far as site content goes. I have however purchased another multifunction printer which will assist greatly in getting more content on site as soon as possible. This has been a major speed hump in getting more content online for some time now.
The current updates are as follows:
1. Several link updates on the home page.
2. The particularbaptist.com Polling Place has been updated by making use of the flisti polling resource.
As visitors to particularbaptist.com will be aware, the Particular Baptist Library site is a library of links to many hundreds of books hosted at particularbaptist.com and from many other sites around the web. It is in effect a ‘links library.’ This sort of a site can be very difficult to maintain, with links being changed regularly and sites disappearing – therefore dead links are are real problem in such a library.
With the revamp of the particularbaptist.com site, I thought it was time for a major revamp of the library as well. The old site will remain as is for the time being – and I expect that that will be quite some time – as the new site is developed. The new site is in fact a wiki site, thereby allowing visitors who are also members of the ‘wiki editing team’ to update the site as they feel necessary. Hopefully, over time, this will allow the library links to stay up to date a lot easier and quicker
than has been the case in the past.
But the library will also be improved through the addition of user generated book reviews. As the library grows, visitors (members of the wiki editing team) will be able to add their own book reviews to each book entry. Each book entry will have a link to the online book and a place for the book to be reviewed. There will also be book entries that have no online link, being essentially a book entry containing a book review/s only. I would expect it to be also possible to provide links to sites
where the book can be purchased.
I am accepting people who want to be part of the ‘wiki editing team’ now and into the future. To be accepted as part of the wiki editing team at Particular Baptist Library, you will need to be a Christian of reformed faith and understanding. Those who are not reformed are asked to not apply for editing privileges, though you are most welcome at the library and I would warmly encourage you to make full use of it. I make no apology for seeking to maintain the site as a reformed library, as keeping with the reformed nature of the particularbaptist.com site and sites.
I have been doing a little bit more work on ‘Kevin’s Portal,’ which is the place that you can go to to see what I’m doing on the World Wide Web. There have been a few minor changes there and these include the following:
1. Scribd: I have embedded my Romans Bible Study series on the portal page as an introduction to my presence at Scribd, the online publishing site. I think Scribd is a wonderful site for publishing content on the wider web and have decided that I will use the site more in upcoming weeks, months and years. I love the embedding capability provided by Scribd. It is a very presentable method of posting things like Bible Studies, books, etc.
2. I mention at the portal that I’m now on Skype. I tried to join Skype some years ago but for some reason I couldn’t get it to work on the computer I then had. It works brilliantly on the new computer, so I now have that up and running.
3. There are some changes coming to my kevinswilderness.com site, which is listed in the directory at my portal. It is moving to http://kevinswilderness.wordpress.com/, though this is not yet mentioned on the portal itself. I’ll have this up today sometime. The reason for this has been explained in posts at the new site. The move will take some time to complete as it is a large site.
4. Pip.io Chat Room: I have now added a link to a Pip.io chat room on the portal. Feel free to pop over and have a look. I believe you need to request admittance to the chat room before you are able to do so. Please make mention of the reason why you would like to enter the room, as I do want to protect it from abuse and spammers. http://pip.io/#room/kevchat/