With various hardware upgrades over the last few months (due to ‘dying’ hardware) I am now able to get back to work on updating, maintaining and growing the website. I am very thankful for being able to do so once again. There should be regular work on the site now – Lord willing.
Tonight I have been able to add some further updates to the Thomas Crosby book on the English Baptists. This includes adding a further 6 pages to the text now available online at:
A fair amount of content has been scrapped from the School of Theology, but this will be returned over the next few weeks in the format of the studies already available there. The way the theology section of the site is now set up will allow for far easier updates into the future.
2. The Particular and Reformed Baptist Fellowship Network section of the site has now been overhauled, though there is still more work to be done on this section of the site. I expect more improvements to part of the site in coming weeks.
3. The Random Thoughts Blog has been given a major overhaul (though it was easily accomplished). I believe the site is far more aesthetically pleasing and gives the visitor a much easier and enjoyable reading experience.
I have been doing a little bit more work on ‘Kevin’s Portal,’ which is the place that you can go to to see what I’m doing on the World Wide Web. There have been a few minor changes there and these include the following:
1. Scribd: I have embedded my Romans Bible Study series on the portal page as an introduction to my presence at Scribd, the online publishing site. I think Scribd is a wonderful site for publishing content on the wider web and have decided that I will use the site more in upcoming weeks, months and years. I love the embedding capability provided by Scribd. It is a very presentable method of posting things like Bible Studies, books, etc.
2. I mention at the portal that I’m now on Skype. I tried to join Skype some years ago but for some reason I couldn’t get it to work on the computer I then had. It works brilliantly on the new computer, so I now have that up and running.
3. There are some changes coming to my kevinswilderness.com site, which is listed in the directory at my portal. It is moving to http://kevinswilderness.wordpress.com/, though this is not yet mentioned on the portal itself. I’ll have this up today sometime. The reason for this has been explained in posts at the new site. The move will take some time to complete as it is a large site.
4. Pip.io Chat Room: I have now added a link to a Pip.io chat room on the portal. Feel free to pop over and have a look. I believe you need to request admittance to the chat room before you are able to do so. Please make mention of the reason why you would like to enter the room, as I do want to protect it from abuse and spammers. http://pip.io/#room/kevchat/
The particularbaptist.com redesigned homepage is now online. There are several new features available on the homepage, including options to post the page on Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz, Digg and StumbleUpon. It will be some time before the entire site reflects the redesign that has begun at the homepage.
Over time some of the existing sections of the site will be removed, while new sections and features will be added to the site. Have a look at the beginning of our redesign and if you would like to comment in our guestbook, you will notice that the old guestbook is no more. There is now a page on ‘The particularbaptist.com Blog’ that acts as our new guestbook – simply leave your entries on this page via the comments option.
There may be some tweeks over the next few weeks and I welcome any comments you may have.