Due to these changes which include a move to a subscription basis for our group to continue to exist as is, it looks likely that the fellowship will close. There will be a free option, however, that option includes an open membership (anyone can join, post anything – spam, etc, and all content will be open for anyone to see). It is looking likely that there will be no more community associated with particularbaptist.com.
The problem with this page is that it also an open type of page, with anyone that ‘likes’ the page becoming a member of it – there is little way of moderating activity, etc. I think that particularbaptist.com will have to go back to an older way of doing things, with a forum, chat, etc – all on different platforms.
It seems that there are shake ups right across the World Wide Web on community type sites – even Google Groups are changing, making Google an impossible alternative also.
A fair amount of content has been scrapped from the School of Theology, but this will be returned over the next few weeks in the format of the studies already available there. The way the theology section of the site is now set up will allow for far easier updates into the future.
2. The Particular and Reformed Baptist Fellowship Network section of the site has now been overhauled, though there is still more work to be done on this section of the site. I expect more improvements to part of the site in coming weeks.
3. The Random Thoughts Blog has been given a major overhaul (though it was easily accomplished). I believe the site is far more aesthetically pleasing and gives the visitor a much easier and enjoyable reading experience.
I have been doing a little bit more work on ‘Kevin’s Portal,’ which is the place that you can go to to see what I’m doing on the World Wide Web. There have been a few minor changes there and these include the following:
1. Scribd: I have embedded my Romans Bible Study series on the portal page as an introduction to my presence at Scribd, the online publishing site. I think Scribd is a wonderful site for publishing content on the wider web and have decided that I will use the site more in upcoming weeks, months and years. I love the embedding capability provided by Scribd. It is a very presentable method of posting things like Bible Studies, books, etc.
2. I mention at the portal that I’m now on Skype. I tried to join Skype some years ago but for some reason I couldn’t get it to work on the computer I then had. It works brilliantly on the new computer, so I now have that up and running.
3. There are some changes coming to my kevinswilderness.com site, which is listed in the directory at my portal. It is moving to http://kevinswilderness.wordpress.com/, though this is not yet mentioned on the portal itself. I’ll have this up today sometime. The reason for this has been explained in posts at the new site. The move will take some time to complete as it is a large site.
4. Pip.io Chat Room: I have now added a link to a Pip.io chat room on the portal. Feel free to pop over and have a look. I believe you need to request admittance to the chat room before you are able to do so. Please make mention of the reason why you would like to enter the room, as I do want to protect it from abuse and spammers. http://pip.io/#room/kevchat/